Food Safety Scientific Award
The IATP, together with the ESTP, JSTP and STP, is pleased to announce the implementation of the Food Safety Scientific Award sponsored by a grant from San-Ei Gen F.F.I.
The award recognizes a food-related poster presentation, oral presentation, or scientific publication by a young investigator or trainee.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated achievements in food-related toxicologic pathology including but not limited to:
- Research contributing to food additive safety as it relates to the health effects of foods and food ingredients;
- Establishing test methods and standards that enhance the field of toxicologic pathology that are applicable to food; and/or
- Developing new or novel uses of toxicologic pathology in food safety research.
Awards will be presented at the annual meetings of ESTP, JSTP and STP. The award consists of a certificate and U.S. dollar market equivalent of ¥100,000.
2019 Japanese Society of Toxicologic Pathology Meeting
IATP/STP Trainee Award
The IATP, together with the STP, is pleased to annouce the implementation of the IATP/STP Trainee Award sponsored by a grant from Integrated Laboratory Systems.
The award recognizes an outstanding trainee working on a career related to toxicologic pathology.
The successful applicant must be a pathology, toxicology or toxicologic pathology trainee; a trainee is defined as an individual working on an academic degree, in a training or residency program, or in a postdoctoral training position and have demonstrated achievements in the field of toxicologic pathology including but not limited to:
- Research contributing to public safety as it relates to the adverse health effects of xenobiotics;
- Establishing test methods and standards that enhance the field of toxicologic pathology; and/or
- Developing new or novel techniques or procedures applicable to toxicologic pathology practice and/or research.
The award will be given at the 2019 annual meeting of the Society of Toxicologic Pathology (STP) in Raleigh, North Carolina. The award consists of a certificate, a $1,000 cash prize and a complimentary STP student membership.